[R] Cyrillic R: how can I help? (or Re: R 2.1.0, Windows, non-Latin locales)

iit512 iit512 at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 22 20:09:02 CEST 2005

Dear R-experts,

I am using R in Russia since 2000. One can find some Russian documentation for R (including the reference card) on:

http://herba.msu.ru/shipunov/software/r/r-en.htm

All your criticism would be appreciated.

> We really do need help from the users in the beta-test period,
> especially in languages not used by the core team...

I think that I can help in: (1) translation of messages to Russian (I see that only introductory message is now translated); (2) testing R on Windows98 SE and XP Professional, maybe also on Linux (Debian Woody and Sarge). Please explain how to do this.

With best wishes and regards,

Alexey B. Shipunov
Institute of Information Technologies, Moscow
e-mail: iit512 at yandex.ru