[R] Installing packages from source on WindowsXP

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 22 15:46:34 CEST 2005

Ok, I uninstalled my copy of HHW (and deleted the extra file from the
Rtools/bin folder), and reinstalled from the murdoch-sutherland site.
 From what I read there I think it's the same version, and I actually
get a warning that I already have a newer version installed on my
machine (1.3.1) anyways. Just for good measure I installed it to
C:\HTMLHelpWorkshop, instead of the default location in Program
Files\HTML Help Workshop, in case the spaces in the folder names was an
issue. I updated the Path variable and voila, everything seems to be
working fine. So, whatever the actual problem was, it's gone now. Magic.
Thanks!!

On a related note, now that I seem to be on top of installing packages
from source files, is there any advantage to installing the R software
itself from source files? From the help files that sounds even trickier...

Tyler

--
Tyler Smith

PhD Candidate