[R] Error when downloading and installing ALL R packages

Bernd Weiss bernd.weiss at uni-koeln.de
Fri Apr 22 08:59:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

after updating to 2.1 (see below) I am no longer able to install all
R packages as mentioned at
<http://support.stat.ucla.edu/view.php?supportid=30>.

After finishing the download, I received the following error:

[...]

trying URL
'http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.1/xgobi_1.2-
13.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 102623 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 100Kb

trying URL
'http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.1/yags_4.0-
1.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 168770 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 164Kb

package 'AMORE' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
package 'AlgDesign' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in sprintf(gettext("unable to move temp installation '%d' to
'%s'"),  :
        use format %s for character objects

TIA,

Bernd