[R] heatmaps depending on RAM?

Thomas Zander Thomas.Zander at uk-koeln.de
Thu Apr 21 17:19:45 CEST 2005

I have the following problem. Analysing affymetrix data I calculated
euclidean distances between samples and visualized the results in a
heatmap. Prior data were vsn normalized.

heatmap(as.matrix(dist(t(exprs(TGF_eset.vsn[(tvlist),])))), col=colourRamp)

Depending on the memory  I assign to R (512MB, 1024MB, 1536MB) I get
slightly different results. Exactly the same scripts were used. Although
main results remain in the detail I have differences. Is there any
explanation for these results?

thanks for the help

Thomas Zander

Dr. Thomas Zander