[R] Rcmdr's problem in East Asian Languages Version

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 18 13:38:31 CEST 2005

The issue here is not the `East Asian Languages Version' but the locale
you are using, which you have not told us.  Try using the C locale or an
English locale: Rcmdr works there for me.

Also be sure to tell us the version of the package (here Rcmdr) you are
using.

The posting guide does ask you to report package-specific problems to the
maintainer, and I have sent a more detailed reply to him copied to you.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, ronggui wrote:

> maybe this is a problem specific to the East Asian Languages
> Version.when i reinstall R without checking the "Version for East Asian
> Languages" option ,it works.but if i install R with the "Version for
> East Asian Languages" option, it show the following error msg.
>
>> library(Rcmdr)
> Error in parse(file, n, text, prompt) : syntax error on line 4857
> Error: unable to load R code in package 'Rcmdr'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rcmdr'

[ 2.1.0 beta ]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk