[R] Normalization and missing values

WeiWei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:36:00 CEST 2005

the way of scaling, IMHO, really depends on the distribution of each
column in your original files. if each column in your data follows a
normal distrbution, then a standard "normalization" will fit your
requirement.

My previous research in microarray data shows me a simple "linear
standardization" might be good enough for some purpose.

If your columns differ in magnitude, then some data transformation
like (log) might be needed first.

Ed