[R] R in Windows

Wed Apr 13 17:09:43 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 10:51 -0400, George Kelley wrote:
> Has anyone tried to create dialog boxes for Windows in R so that one
> doesn't have to type in so much information but rather enter it in a
> menu-based format. If not, does anyone plan on doing this in the future
> if it's possible?
>
> Thanks.
>
> George (Kelley)

There are a variety of GUI's being actively developed for R.

More information is here:

http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/

I don't use it actively, but I might specifically suggest that you
review John Fox' R Commander:

http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/Rcmdr/

It is written in tcl/tk, which makes it cross-platform compatible if
that is an issue for you.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz