[R] lmer

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Apr 10 15:35:14 CEST 2005

David Barron wrote:

> Since the recent update to package lme4, I now get an error when trying to
> print the results using lmer to obtain model estimates for anything other
> than a liner mixed model.  For example,
>
> (fm1 <- lmer(decrease ~ treatment + (1|rowpos) +
> (1|colpos),family=poisson(),
>              data=OrchardSprays))
>
> Produces the error:
>
> Error in checkSlotAssignment(object, name, value) :
>         Assignment of an object of class "NULL" is not valid for slot
> "frame" in an object of class "summary.lmer"; is(value, "data.frame") is not
> TRUE
> Error in show(new("summary.lmer", object, useScale = TRUE, showCorrelation =
> FALSE)) :
>         Unable to find the argument "object" in selecting a method for
> function "show"

Yes, the recent version has also some inconsistancy with the mlmRev
package, perhaps a bug .... Doug Bates certainly knows better.

Version 0.95-1 has not had this problem (but others, I think).
If you want to "downgrade" for the meantime,
check out CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/last/
with "old" versions of Matrix, lme4 and friends.

Uwe Ligges