[R] advice on crafting examples for packages

Peter E. Rossi peter.rossi at gsb.uchicago.edu
Sat Apr 9 07:45:07 CEST 2005

Folks-

I have developed a package which I am planning on posting to CRAN.

I include examples for each of the 40 or so functions in the package.
However, since the examples are non-trivial and the package is
using MCMC simulation methods, it takes about 20 minutes to run the complete
set of examples on a 2.8 Ghz windows PC. The R process reaches a high
water mark of about 100 MB of memory as well.

I would appreciate some guidance on this.

many thanks!

peter
 Peter E. Rossi
 peter.rossi at ChicagoGsb.edu