[R] error messages on R CMD check

Johannes Hüsing johannes at huesing.name
Wed Apr 6 10:01:08 CEST 2005

Hallo Uwe,
Uwe Ligges schrieb:
[...]
> In Johannes' case, the problem is different, because the error message
> is not that clear.
> Johannes, can you install and load the package? Is the DESCRIPTION file
> correct? If so, you might want to send the package in a private message...

I have found the root of the error: I renamed some functions
without renaming them in the export statement of the NAMESPACE
file. Silly me. Thanks for offering help, and good thing I didn't
send you the stuff.

It would be good to add your suggestions to the R-exts document:
If the error messages after R CMD check do not sound helpful,
try building and loading the package and see what the system
has to say about this.

Greetings

Johannes