[R] problems with subset (misunderstanding somewhere)

Wladimir Eremeev wl at eimb.ru
Tue Apr 5 15:50:41 CEST 2005

Ted,

TH> Did you test the function cubic.distance?
Yes, I did.

TH> As written, I think it
TH> will always return a single value,
Yes, here was the misunderstanding.
Subset required a vector, and I gave it a scalar.

Prof. Ripley has already shown my mistake.

--
Best regards
Wladimir Eremeev                                     mailto:wl at eimb.ru

Research Scientist, PhD                           Leninsky Prospect 33,
Space Monitoring & Ecoinformation Systems Sector, Moscow, Russia, 119071,
Institute of Ecology,                             Phone: (095) 135-9972;
Russian Academy of Sciences                       Fax: (095) 135-9972