[R] double backslashes in usage section of .Rd files

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Mon Apr 4 16:41:33 CEST 2005

I have written a package, where a function definition includes a regexp
pattern including double backslashes, such as

myfunction <- function (pattern = ".*\\.txt$")

when I R CMD CHECK the corresponding .Rd file, I get warnings
(code/documentation mismatch), if I enforce two backslashes in the
documentation print out by

\usage { myfunction (pattern = ".*\\\\.txt$") }

have I to live with this or is their a way to avoid the warnings (apart
from being satisfied with a wrong manpage ...)?

regards
joerg