[R] How to print landscape from script in Windows: dev.print(win.print, printer="local printer name", ...) does not accept horizontal=TRUE

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Sep 30 14:51:16 CEST 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:28:09 -0500, <davidr at rhotrading.com> wrote :

>This is a windows-specific question.
>

>After generating a plot, I can print from scripts or the command line
>with
>

>> dev.print(win.print,printer="local windows printer name")
>

>I would like to print in landscape mode. From the menus, I can
>accomplish this by changing the properties of the printer before
>clicking "print".

I think the easiest way to do this is to create a new printer which
defaults to landscape, and then do

 dev.print(win.print,printer="local landscape printer name")

I think it's unlikely we'll add this to win.print(); there are just
too many options in Windows printer drivers, and it's fairly easy to
set them using the Windows dialogs.

Duncan Murdoch