[R] Matrix

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Sep 30 11:43:24 CEST 2004

salvati nicola wrote:

> I have a matrix 2900X2900 and I have to solve it. But R says that it can't allocate 67899kb.
> How can I do?

a) Clean up your workspace before trying to work on the matrix
b) Is this an outdated R version on Windows? Then (i) please upgrade and
(ii) please read the R for Windows FAQs and ?Memory.
c) Buy more memory, if you have less than 512MB. 512 MB suffices for me
(in a clean workspace!) in ~5 min. using Rblas.dll linked against ATLAS.
You probably want to have ~1GB of memory for serious other calculations
with those matrices.

Uwe Ligges