[R] Can't load rgl library

arv@ono.com arv at ono.com
Thu Sep 30 11:40:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've installed rgl package through R CMD INSTALL on a Debian-Sarge machine
(PIV) without any compiling error (see attached file), but when trying to
load this package within R (and also Rcmdr library) I get:

> library(rgl)
RGL: GLX extension missing on server
Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
error rgl_init
error in library(rgl) : .First.lib failed
Segmentation fault

Same failure problem if I use the apt option (apt-get install r-cran-gl).
I've searched through the R mail archives but couldn't find or understand
the answer for this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Antonio Rodríguez