[Fwd: [R] Re: tseries Package for R]

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 28 16:47:42 CEST 2004

Adrian,

There is no prebuilt binary for tseries, which fairly reliably indicates a
problem in compiling it.  When I try (and unfortunately I have only a
pre2.0.0 system, not 1.9.1) I get an error at the final linking stage

ld: dsumsl.o has local relocation entries in non-writable section
(__TEXT,__const)

The file dsumsl.o was created by
g77   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c dsumsl.f -o dsumsl.o

If you can tell me other tests you would like done I can try doing them.

It sounds as though other compiler combinations can make it work; I'm
using the C compilers that come with the Apple Developer Toolkit on OS X
10.3 and the Fortran compiler that Stefano recommends.

 	-thomas