[R] memory increase for large r simulation

shane stanton stenwa at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 08:09:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am running R from windows 95. I have a large
simulation, which R does not get very far through
before telling me:

"error  cannot allocate vector of size 871875 Kb"

and warning message "reached total allocation of 127
Mb"

I have been trying to increase the memory allocation
to R from my computer, using various commands at the R
prompt, such as memory.limit(size=......) to which R
responds "NULL" or "cannot decrease memory limit" (no
matter how large I try to make the argument of
memory.limit.

Does anybody have any ideas re how I can get this
simulation to run?

Many thanks,

Shane Stanton