[R] mtrace and debug

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Sep 27 12:55:13 CEST 2004

Thomas Schönhoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> pointed to the article "Debugging Without (Too Many) Tears" of Mark
> Bravington in Rnews Vol 3/3, December 2003 there is a package mvbutils
> mentioned.
> So I started to install this package from within R
>
>  > install.package(mvbutils)

You get the following error:
Error: couldn't find function "install.package"

after correcting the function name to
   install.packages(mvbutils)
you get the follwoing error:
Error in install.packages(mvbutils) : Object "mvbutils" not found

after correcting the package name to be character, it should work:
   install.packages("mvbutils")

Please read the error messages!!! No error message told you that the
package is not available.

Uwe Ligges