[R] want some materials about data manipulation.

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sun Sep 26 14:15:12 CEST 2004

rongguiwong <0034058 <at> fudan.edu.cn> writes:

:
: in the offical documnets,not much about data maniplution.
: any one can give me some hints about data manipulation with R or awk or sed?
: any help will be appreciated.
: i want to tranfer from windows to linux,but when i deal with data
: manipulation,i have to turn to windows,i hope i can do my job under MDK
linux
: whole.

If your question is how, in general, to find information on R,
go the R home page by entering the single letter R into google and then
look at the links under Documentation in the left hand pane.

If your question is how to preprocess data with sed or awk try this:

mydata <- read.table(pipe("awk -f filter.awk input.txt"))