[R] exponential correlation?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Sep 25 22:21:34 CEST 2004

      The "nlme" package has "corExp" for estimating the nuggett effect
n and the range d for an exponential spatial correlation structure = n +
(1-n)*exp(-r/d), where r = distance between two observations.  See
library(nlme);  ?corExp, plus Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects
Models for S and S-Plus (Springer).

      Is this what you want?

      hope this helps.
      spencer graves
p.s.  If this is NOT adequate, please read the posting guide!
"http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  This might help you
answer some questions for yourself, thereby getting you quicker answers
than otherwise.  Moreover, it could increase your chances of getting a
response that actually helps solve your problem.  In particular, please
provide a toy example showing something that a reader can easily copy
from an email and paste into R to try something just a little different.

--
Spencer Graves, PhD, Senior Development Engineer
O:  (408)938-4420;  mobile:  (408)655-4567