[R] emacs, Mac OS X, R

Ulises Mora Alvarez umalvarez at fata.unam.mx
Fri Sep 24 18:32:29 CEST 2004

Hi!

Don't know about how to switch the keys (I suspect that if you take a
look at the Emacs manual you'll find that's not difficult at all).
But if you like to have different colors for R within Emacs you should use
ESS (Emacs Speaks Statistics), which is available at
http://ess.r-project.org/

Good look.

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Meinhard Ploner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Since August I am using emacs on my Macintosh to edit the R objects. I
> have installed R 1.9.1, Mac OS X 10.3.5 and GNU Emacs 21.2.1. However
> there are some issues I haven't resolved:
>
> a) switch the caps lock key to the meta key (and when this is not
> possible, switch the alt/option key to the meta). The switch should
> work only within emacs!
>
> b) having different colors for the code, i.e. comments, commands,
> strings, ...
>
> thanks in advance!
> Meinhard

Ulises M. Alvarez
LAB. DE ONDAS DE CHOQUE
FISICA APLICADA Y TECNOLOGIA AVANZADA
UNAM
u-m-a-l-v-a-r-e-z AT f-a-t-a DOT u-n-a-m DOT m-x
Tels: (442)-238-1144
       (5)-5623-4144
Fax:  (442)-238-1165
       (5)-5623-4165