[R] geographically weighted glm

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Sep 24 16:15:44 CEST 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Mark Conrad wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am interested in obtaining R code related to geographically weighted
> regression.
>
> In particular, I am interested in building geographically weighted
> Poisson GLMs.  The model will contain categorical and continuous x
> independent variables, with interaction effects between categorical and
> continuous variables.
>
> Anybody have anything I can look at?

Look at draft packages sp and spgwr on:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/r-spatial/

where spgwr contains gwr functions for linear models. These would need to
be modified to suit glm, but as glm.fit accepts weights, this ought to be
feasible. You need sp too, because spgwr depends on the S4 spatial classes
defined there. These are packages in an unfinished state, but progress on
sp (and back-fitting analysis packages onto sp) is (we hope) going to
happen at a workshop in Lancaster, UK, 2-5 November (where interested
people can join in online). YMMV with GWR, by the way.

Roger Bivand

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no