[R] R course

Highland Statistics Ltd. highstat at highstat.com
Wed Sep 22 15:30:05 CEST 2004

Apologies for cross-posting

We would like to announce a 3 day course: "R programming for beginners".

When: 10-12 January 2005 (Monday-Wednesday).
Location: The Ythan hotel in Newburgh (UK).  Newburgh is a small coastal
village 10 miles north of Aberdeen airport.
Host: Organised by Highland Statistics Ltd.
Price: 500 Euro for 3 days, excluding 17.5% VAT. The course fee includes a
copy of "Introductory Statistics with R" by P. Dalgaard.
You will need to bring you own laptop.
Accommodation is available at the Ythan hotel at a special rate of 30 UK
pounds per night (including breakfast). Early booking is essential!

In this course, we teach how to use and program in the software package R.
It is also relevant for S-Plus users who wish to learn script programming.
The book "Introductory Statistics with R" from Peter Dalgaard is used as
course material. We discuss how to import data into R, define vectors and
nominal variables, make exploratory graphs, and apply ANOVA and linear
regression. We assume that course attendants are familiar with the basic
aspects of regression and ANOVA. Course attendants are encouraged to bring
their own data.

There is only place for 10 people on this course.

Registration:   http://www.brodgar.com/statscourse.htm

Kind regards,

Alain Zuur

Dr. Alain F. Zuur
Highland Statistics Ltd.
6 Laverock road
UK - AB41 6FN Newburgh

Tel: 0044 1358 788177
Email: highstat at highstat.com

Our 5-day statistics course: "Analysing Biological and Environmental Field
data"
Brodgar: Software for multivariate analysis and multivariate time series
analysis

Statistical consultancy, courses, data analysis and software