[R] R 1.9.1 Fails to Start on WinXP SP2

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Sep 22 04:15:58 CEST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:15:51 -0500, "Scott Higginbotham"
<Scott at creditre.net> wrote:

>I should have noted in my first post that I had already tried that to no
>avail.

In that case, things aren't easy.  You need to see where in the
startup sequence it's bailing out.  We don't have debug code installed
to do that (because this isn't a common problem!), so the only way I
know to find that is to compile R with debug information, and run it
under a debugger.  If you've never done that, it's a big job.

Duncan Murdoch