[R] S/R and data mining (was can't understand "R")

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 10:22:53 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas,

see these papers or books (some are available on the
web):

Diego Kuonen, Introduction au data mining avec R :
vers la reconquête du `knowledge discovery in
databases' par les statisticiens. Bulletin of the
Swiss Statistical Society, 40:3-7, 2001.
Consultabile allÂ’indirizzo web:
http://www.statoo.com/en/publications/2001.R.SSS.40/

Diego Kuonen and Reinhard Furrer, Data mining avec R
dans un monde libre. Flash Informatique Spécial Été,
pages 45-50, sep 2001.
Consultabile allÂ’indirizzo web:
http://sawww.epfl.ch/SIC/SA/publications/FI01/fi-sp-1/sp-1-page45.html

Brian D. Ripley, Datamining: Large Databases and
Methods, in Proceedings  of "useR! 2004 - The R User
Conference", maggio 2004 Consultabile allÂ’indirizzo
web:
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/Conferences/useR-2004/Keynotes/Ripley.pdf

Brian D. Ripley, Using Databases with R, R News,
Gennaio 2001, pagg. 18-20
Consultabile allÂ’indirizzo web:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2001-1.pdf

B. D. Ripley, R. M. Ripley,  Applications of R Clients
and Servers in Proceedings of the Distributed
Statistical Computing 2001 Workshop, 2001, Vienna
University of Technology.
Consultabile allÂ’indirizzo web:
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/Conferences/DSC-2001/Proceedings/Ripley.pdf

Torsten Hothorn, David A. James, Brian D. Ripley,  R/S
Interfaces to Databases  in Proceedings of the
Distributed Statistical Computing 2001 Workshop,
2001,Vienna University of Technology.
Consultabile allÂ’indirizzo web:
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/Conferences/DSC-2001/Proceedings/HothornJamesRipley.pdf

Luís Torgo, Data Mining with R. Learning by case
studies, Maggio 2003
Consultabile allÂ’indirizzo web:
http://www.liacc.up.pt/~ltorgo/DataMiningWithR/

Trevor Hastie , Robert Tibshirani,  Jerome Friedman,
The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining,
Inference, and Prediction, 2001, Springer-Verlag.
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~tibs/ElemStatLearn/

I'm find too for some R application for DM.
Best
Vito

Thomas Schönhoff wrote:

Hello,

Uwe Ligges schrieb:
> Erin L. Leisz wrote:

> If the manual "An Introduction to R is not
sufficient for you, what
> about reading a book, e.g. Peter Dalgaard's
"Introductory Statistics
> with R", Springer? Here you learn R along some basic
statistical analyses.

BTW, can anybody recommend a book on "S/R and data
mining"?

Thomas

=====
Diventare costruttori di soluzioni