[R] adding function to a Package

Stephen Henderson s.henderson at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 17:28:44 CEST 2004

As a shortcut I have previously added my own functions to a Package (ipred)
under R-1.8.1,  changing the NAMESPACE file to accomodate this then
reinstalling. This doesn't now seem possible in R-1.9.0 is this correct?-- I
am getting an error saying:

"files NAMESPACE, R/ipred have the wrong MD5 checksums"

after I try to reinstall (which I can understand). Is there a quick way
round this avoiding having to build my own Package?

Thanks
Stephen