[R] WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Sun Sep 19 16:01:15 CEST 2004

That looks like what happens if one runs R from one of the older
Emacs sub-shells.  (esp the pager bit).

It's possible but unlikely that something wrong with comint.  ESS
should have redirected the output of

    ?sink

to a different buffer.

Another possibility is that you've configured things differently,
i.e. have you a edited any

    options()

(prompt, or more likely, pager, or other options?).  Emacs/ESS doesn't
like that unless you tell it about them.