[R] barplot with vcd library

Tatsuki Koyama Tatsuki.Koyama at Vanderbilt.edu
Thu Sep 16 17:55:09 CEST 2004

'barplot' doesn't seem to work with vcd library.
Am I supposed to detach vcd when I want to use barplot?
Here's an example.
Say I have the following matrix,

> m <- matrix(c(1,2,3, 4,5,6, 3,4,5, 2,3,4), ncol=4)
     [,1] [,2] [,3] [,4]
[1,]    1    4    3    2
[2,]    2    5    4    3
[3,]    3    6    5    4

Then
> barplot(m)
gives a barplot of the data.

However, when I attach 'vcd' library, the same command does not seem
to work.
It only gives the first three bars and 2 warning messages.

> library(vcd)

Attaching package 'vcd':

        The following object(s) are masked from package:graphics :

         barplot.default fourfoldplot mosaicplot

        The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

         print.summary.table summary.table

> barplot(m)
Warning messages:
1: longer object length
        is not a multiple of shorter object length in: -0.01 * height
+ shift
2: longer object length
        is not a multiple of shorter object length in: height + shift

--
Tatsuki Koyama, Ph.D.
Department of Biostatistics