[R] Howto enlarge fonts size in R- Graphics?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 13:58:57 CEST 2004

The X11 device has an argument `pointsize' (which may well mean pixel size
in a particular implementation of X11, as my laptop for example has width,
height and pointsize all much smaller than specified):  just increase it.

The advice to look at ?par is incorrect if you want to scale everything,
as I think you do.

If you want auto-launched windows to have a larger font, you need to write
a wrapper to X11 and set options(device=wrapper_name).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk