[R] Rd files with "%" (was: permuting dimensions)

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Sep 13 14:58:03 CEST 2004

I suppose the source for ?"%in%" in base would be a good place to look:

========================
\name{match}
\alias{match}
\alias{\%in\%}
[...]
\usage{
match(x, table, nomatch = NA, incomparables = FALSE)

x \%in\% table
}
[...]
\details{
  \code{\%in\%} is currently defined as \cr
  \code{"\%in\%" <- function(x, table) match(x, table, nomatch = 0) > 0}

[...]
\examples{
[...]
1:10 \%in\% c(1,3,5,9)
sstr[sstr \%in\% c(letters,LETTERS)]

"\%w/o\%" <- function(x,y) x[!x \%in\% y] #--  x without y
(1:10) \%w/o\% c(3,7,12)
}
[...]

Andy