[R] How to obtain a 95% envelope for the estimated cumulative risk function from bootstrap samples

wanr@ucalgary.ca wanr at ucalgary.ca
Fri Sep 10 21:31:55 CEST 2004

Hi all,

The hypothetical data is displayed as follows.

ID   time   status
1     81       0
2     42       1
3     37       1
4     54       0
5     35       0
6     38       1
7     29       0
8     40       0

Question 1: How to obtain a 95% envelope for the estimated cumulative risk
function from bootstrap samples? I guess the output of this step consists of
the envelope and the estimated cumulative risk function.

Question2: bootstrap process will be repeated for n times; then the average
cumulative risk function was estimated  as the median of the n empirical
cumulative risk functions. My question is how to plot this so called Average
Risk Function vs. time easily instead of using lines() and points() to draw
the above step function?

Thanks in advance.

Rui