[R] Proposal for New R List: Criticism? Comments?

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 10 11:11:40 CEST 2004

On 09/10/04 03:54, Adaikalavan Ramasamy wrote:
>There is another issue to be considered. Currently you need to have the
>relevant packages installed before help.search() bring it up. My work
>around this is to install all available packages just in case the
>function I need is nestled in some non-standard packages. I also update
>them rather frequently.

I do this too, at my search site (where "frequently"=monthly) and
you can search functions only, and use Boolean search expressions
and phrases.

But right now the entire set of packages takes about 885 meg (if
I'm reading du correctly), which is less than my very modest
collection of digital photos, and a tiny fraction of a 3-year-old
standard hard disk.  In other words, it is no big deal to install
all the packages if you have your own computer.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R search page: http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/