[R] Proposal for New R List: Criticism? Comments?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Sep 10 03:01:29 CEST 2004

Dear Bert,

I believe that you've identified an important issue -- and one that's
occasionally been discussed on this list previously -- but I'm not sure that
another email list is a good solution. Some method of indexing functions in
packages that would allow people to more easily locate them (e.g.,
author-supplied [i.e., not simply standard] keywords for each public object
in a package) seems to me a more promising approach.

Regards,
 John