[R] Case-Cohort Analysis

petertait@sympatico.ca petertait at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 8 15:46:21 CEST 2004

Hi All,
I am in the middle of doing an analysis of a Case-Cohort design. I had three questions about the analysis:

a) Does any one know of some public code for developing the patient risk sets (indexed by failure time) or is there a better way to organize the data?

b) I was planning to use the Barlow weighting method. Has this or any other weighting method (Prentice, Self-Prentice) been implemented in R?

c) Is matching a good thing to do or can the variables that would be used for matching just be adjusted for in the cox regression (is there a reference for this because I canÂ’t find one)?  If matching is a good thing to do are there any R packages that contain matching functions?

Thanks for your help.
Peter Tait