[R] Rcmdr X11 protocol error message

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Sep 1 22:05:18 CEST 2004

Dear Michael and Peter,

I've made the following changes to the current development version of the
Rcmdr package (on my web site, at
http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/Rcmdr/index.html, but not posted
to CRAN):

(1) The default for the Rcmdr grab.focus option is now set to FALSE for
non-Windows systems.

(2) There's a new report.X11.warnings option, which is set to FALSE by
default; this suppresses these warnings so that they don't appear in Rcmdr
warning dialogs. This just papers over the problem without really solving
it.

I'm not happy with these "solutions," but perhaps they'll help until we
discover the source of the problems. (I tested on my Quantian system.)

Thanks for your help.
 John