[R] About Factor Analysis

E D. Isaia isaia at econ.unito.it
Wed Sep 1 09:26:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

I' doing some simulation on (confirmatory) factor analysis on a
covariance matrix and I resort to factanal() function, which works fine
but it performs only the maximum-likelihood method of extracting factors.
I wonder if (and where) I can find a package that performs the principal
axis factor (PAF) procedure for extracting factors.

Thanks in advance to all, ennio.

Model:	PowerBook5,2
Platform PowerPc G4, 1.25 GHz
OS.type "unix"