[R] Obtaining fitted model information

Thomas W Volscho THOMAS.VOLSCHO at huskymail.uconn.edu
Sun Oct 31 18:41:26 CET 2004

Dear list,
I am brand new to R  and using Dalgaard's (2002) book Introductory Statistics with R (thus, some of my terminology may be incorrect).

I am fitting regression models and I want to use Hurvich and Tsai's AICC statistic to examine my regression models.  This penalty can be expressed as: 2*npar * (n/(n-npar-1)).

While you can obtain AIC, BIC, and logLik, I want to impose the AICC penalty instead.

After fitting a model.  Is there a way of obtaining the "npar" and then assigning it to a variable?

Essentially, I want to then write a simple function to add the AICC penalty to (-2*logLik).

Thank you in advance for any help,
Tom Volscho

Thomas W. Volscho
Graduate Student