[R] Table question

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Fri Oct 29 01:18:44 CEST 2004

Sean Davis <sdavis2 <at> mail.nih.gov> writes:

: I have a table (output from table(factor1,factor2)).  I would like to
: use write.table to output that table to a file.  However, it seems that
: as.data.frame converts such a table to three columns, Var1, Var2, and
: Freq rather than converting to the data.frame with equivalent numbers
: of rows and columns.  I can use write.matrix from the MASS package, but
: then I get no rownames.  Any hints here?

You could use captureOutput like this:

   data(HairEyeColor)
   capture.output(HairEyeColor, file = "myfile.txt")

See ?capture.output for more possibilities.