[R] Errors during make check

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Oct 29 00:02:40 CEST 2004

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Andrew K Helyer wrote:
>
> > On a SUN 280R running Solaris 9...
>
> Compilers?  Optimization settings?  32- or 64-bit?

...and libraries. The DTU machine died a very similar death inside
libsunperf when compiled for 64bit. (extract from Makeconf -- my config.site
has some ATLAS stuff inside which I suspect didn't take so is probably
misleading. I'm not going to do a clean build now....)

BLAS_LIBS = -xlic_lib=sunperf -lsunmath
CC = cc -xarch=v9b
CFLAGS = -xO5 -xlibmil -dalign
CPICFLAGS = -KPIC
CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/sfw/include

FFLAGS = -xO5 -xlibmil -dalign
FLIBS =  -L/usr/local/lib -lfui -lfai -lfai2 -lfsumai -lfprodai
-lfminlai -lfmaxlai -lfminvai -lfmaxvai -lfsu -lompstubs -lsunmath -lm
FPICFLAGS = -PIC
F77 = f95 -xarch=v9b

(If it is the same thing, base-Ex.Rout.fail dies inside example(kappa)
and example(svd) should segfault as well).

That segfault comes from inside libsunperf and occurs only in 64bit,
not 32bit, so I suspect a library bug. Following this up with Sun is
somewhere on my TODO list...