[R] Errors during make check

Andrew K Helyer ahelyer at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 28 22:11:59 CEST 2004

On a SUN 280R running Solaris 9...

The configure and make steps completed without errors. But when I try to
perform the make check step, I get the following:

$ make check FORCE=FORCE
`Makedeps' is up to date.
running code in 'base-Ex.R' ...*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `base-Ex.Rout'
Current working directory /usr/local/R-2.0.0/tests/Examples
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test-Examples-Base'
Current working directory /usr/local/R-2.0.0/tests/Examples
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test-Examples'
Current working directory /usr/local/R-2.0.0/tests
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test-all-basics'
Current working directory /usr/local/R-2.0.0/tests
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check'

I don't know what to make of these. I've tried several options on the
configure step (static libs, pointing to tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh,
etc). I've reviewed the FAQs and mailing list archives. I've read and
reread the install instructions.

Can anyone give me some more clues about what I'm missing?

Regards,

--Andrew;

Andrew Helyer
ITS User Services