[R] sample variogram construction

Dan Bebber danbebber at forestecology.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 10:11:32 CEST 2004

Matt,

In this case you are plotting the variogram of the residuals of the lme
object, not of the data themselves. In your model you are assuming a linear
relationship between count and time, with different intercepts and slopes
for your different individuals. You are also assuming that the residuals
exhibit stationarity. The Variogram function *should* work, so I can only
suggest that there is something wrong with your data or code. "Mixed-Effects
Models in S and S-Plus" by Pinheiro and Bates will probably help.

Dan

Department of Plant Sciences
University of Oxford
South Parks Road