[R] Interval Arithmetic & Queueing Models

Dominic Kay Dominic.Kay at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 22 15:49:55 CEST 2004

I want to do two things in R and have searched the mail archive and
packages to see if they have been done before. I could not see anything.
If anyone has tackled these problem domains before I would be grateful
for help.

1.   Has anyone implemented interval arithmetic (see generally
http://www.cs.utep.edu/interval-comp/ ) either directly in R code or by
linking in an external C++/Fortran library?

2.  Has anyone implemented queueing modelling ( see e.g the software at
http://www.perfdynamics.com/ ).

I would be grateful for pointers. Please include me as an addressee on
any response as I am not on this mailing list.
regards
Dominic