libraries and references (was `[R] Vector and String')

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 11:48:10 CEST 2004

Have you read the R-posting guide which specifically asks you *not* to
tack completely separate questions on to other threads, and to use a
relevant subject line?

What has this to do with `[R] Vector and String'?

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Marc Mamin wrote:

> I'm looking for a procedure to detect trend changes or significant signals
> in time series as in the attached example.
>
> Could you point me to a library or reference I can start with?

Two good references are the R posting guide at
http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html and the R FAQ at
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html which lists some very
relevant R >packages< (and which the posting guide asks you to consult).
Please do start with those.

There are lots of good libraries in the world, but you need to visit one
which will admit you.  They will probably insist that you read their usage
conditions first.  So does this list.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk