[R] Matrix/Table col headings R 2.0.0

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D. rbaer at atsu.edu
Thu Oct 21 17:06:28 CEST 2004

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
> Somehow PD got right justified columns with this dataset.  Is there a new
way of doing things in version 2.0.0, my ignorance, a bug?  I tried making
the columns factors first, but in my hands this did not appear to help
either.  Thanks for any insight.

> [Since this question seems to be unanswered:]

Peter provided a rapid and useful answer on this list.   The answer included
a formating work-around, and the whole process used very little 'list
bandwidth'.

> This is a question related to Peter Dalgaard's book, so why don't you
> ask the author rather than the whole world?
It was not question about his book.  It was about seeming change to the
behavior of R (for the worse in my mind).  I simply paraphrased his code for
my working example and wanted to be sure to credit where due.

Let me end this with a heart-felt thanks to you, to Peter, and to the many
other R experts who regularly teach me things by answering questions like
mine on this list.

Rob Baer