[R] Plotting a 3D surface

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Oct 20 18:56:50 CEST 2004

      Venables and Ripley (2002) Modern Applied Statistics with S, 4th
ed. (Springer, ch.4, pp. 76 & 94) provide an example doing just that.
Under Windows, open "C:\Program
Files\R\rw2000pat\library\MASS\scripts\ch04.R", and run that file.

      hope this helps.  spencer graves

John Fox wrote:

>Dear Lawrence,
>
>You might take a look at the scatter3d function in the Rcmdr package, which
>uses the rgl package. scatter3d() includes some smoothing, but not by
>ksmooth() or locpoly(), so you might have to alter it for your purposes, but
>that shouldn't be hard.
>
>I hope that this helps,
> John
>
>--------------------------------
>John Fox
>Department of Sociology
>McMaster University
>Hamilton, Ontario
>Canada L8S 4M4
>905-525-9140x23604
>http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox

Spencer Graves, PhD, Senior Development Engineer
O:  (408)938-4420;  mobile:  (408)655-4567