[R] R Cocoa won't load in Mac 10.3

Aric Gregson aorchid at mac.com
Wed Oct 20 16:12:35 CEST 2004

I apologize for the post, but I have not been able to find reference
to this searching the R-archives, web site and WWW.

I installed R-cocoa 2.0.0 using the binary installer package on Mac
OS 10.3. When I try to start the program from the GUI I get the
following error message:

    Unable to start R: R_HOME is not set. Please set all required
    environment variables before running this program.

It is set to the proper location according to all the documentation I
can find. I have R_HOME_DIR=/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources.

R 2.0.0 will launch from the command-line without any difficulty.

Any ideas or directions to take to resolve this would be greatly
appreciated.

aric