[R] Problem with Perl script calling R function

Sivakumar Ramagopal ramagopa at etek.chalmers.se
Wed Oct 20 10:16:13 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm a student doing my masters thesis and trying to work with S-Net
version 1.0 (tool used for statistical analysis and visualizations of
internet traffic) that is written in R.

The problem is this: I have a perl script calling a function defined in an
R script that is located in a directly different from where the perl
script is. This gives the following error.

>>> echo
'read.flow("BLDemo.2000.03.08.h12.m30.35.tcppac.gz",type="tcppac")' |
/cab/ce/user/ramagopa/lib/bin/R --no-save --no-restore --quiet --slave
Error: couldn't find function "read.flow"
Execution halted

Platform details: