[R] Creating Packages with Windows under R 2.0.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Oct 20 09:03:23 CEST 2004

JMB wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a workspace that contains a number of functions I want to put in a
> library.

It's a *package*.

 > Under R 1.9.0 I did this fairly easily by putting them in a R
> folder, creating a DESCRIPTION & TITLE file etc. I could then load my
> library successfully.
>
> Under R 2.0.0 this simple process apparently no longer works. I have used
> package.skeleton() and have run R CMD INSTALL pkgname but still get various
> errors. I have installed the various tools and do have a path to them. Is
> there not a simple way to create a library consisting of just a group of
> functions?

Yes, you already mentioned it: Use R CMD INSTALL.

> I know the DESCRIPTION file is different under R 2.0.0

no, not necessarily

 > but what
> else do I have to consider? I've read most of the pertinent documentation

Let me guess: Are you on windows (at least your mail header says so)?
Then please read .../src/gnuwin32/readme.package *completely*!

What does the error message say?

As each R-help message tells us:
"PLEASE do read the posting guide!
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html"