[R] sapply and loop

Zhen Pang nusbj at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 03:59:08 CEST 2004

I tried to use Rprof(). As an example, I consider the following code (from
Venables & Ripley, 1999).

     library(MASS); library(boot); library(nls)
     data(stormer)
     storm.fm <- nls(Time ~ b*Viscosity/(Wt - c), stormer,
                     start = c(b=29.401, c=2.2183))
     st <- cbind(stormer, fit=fitted(storm.fm))
     storm.bf <- function(rs, i) {
         st$Time <-  st$fit + rs[i]
         tmp <- nls(Time ~ (b * Viscosity)/(Wt - c), st,
                    start = coef(storm.fm))
         tmp$m$getAllPars()
     }
     rs <- scale(resid(storm.fm), scale = FALSE) # remove the mean
     Rprof("boot.out")
     storm.boot <- boot(rs, storm.bf, R = 4999) # pretty slow
     Rprof(NULL)

summaryRprof()
Error in summaryRprof() : no events were recorded

I am using R1.8.1 in windows. Why can't I get the results?

Zhen