[R] error in file(file, "r")

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Oct 19 03:53:17 CEST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:10:45 +0800 (CST), shizhu zang
<zangshizhu at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
>Hi, there.
> I am trying to read a file into R, but I got following message
>Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection In addition: Warning message: cannot open file `SwirlSample.txt' .
>In fact, my file has been already in the current working directory.
>My R is running on window operation system instead of UNIX.

What was the command you used?  What version of R are you running?
How did you determine that the file was in the working directory?

Not to pick on you in particular, but there does seem to have been a
rash of incomplete questions posted lately.  Please, before you post,
try to guess what the obvious questions will be, and answer them!

Duncan Murdoch